DTI was responding to a significant amount of RFPs and RFIs, and the documented response procedure Jonathan Gudger had in place still required 20-30 hours per RFP. Although adopting SharePoint was a step in the right direction, the DTI team didn’t utilize the tool because it wasn’t user-friendly.
Lacking a centralized ability to collaborate at the transactional level, Jonathan continued the search for a solution. Ultimately, relying less on spreadsheets and focusing more on a quality RFP response would enable their sales team to improve their win rate.
Jonathan’s team sought to improve their RFP process in 3 ways:
- Find the right tool to complement their existing documented procedure and depend less on email and spreadsheets.
- Centralize and standardize RFPs as they arrived, then track progress in real-time to project completion.
- Add value to his team with a tool that was easy to use and promoted easy collaboration at the transactional level.
These 3 factors contributed to Jonathan’s newfound success with RFP response:
- Automating completed 75% of the questions at the start of the project.
- Improving consistency brought high-quality deliverables to every deal.
- Cutting response time in half for more than 40 users elevated the company.
“An answer library was something we have tried to get our hands on for a long time with other solutions. Nothing came close to being as streamlined and purpose-built as RFPIO. Within the first two weeks, we were able to show upper management 1,000 questions and answers already populated in the tool. It was a huge selling point!”
– Jonathan Gudger, DTI